Swedish massage in Budapest
Swedish massage uses five styles of long, flowing strokes to massage. The five basic strokes are effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fiber) and vibration/shaking. Swedish massage has shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, and improving function in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee over a period of eight weeks. It has also been shown to be helpful in individuals with poor circulation.
The Health Benefits of Massage:
- Calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Reduces tension and anxiety.
- Improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Prevents and relieves muscles cramps and spasms.
- Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.
Important: avoid Massage if you have a fever, infections, inflammation, osteoporosis and other medical conditions. If you have any questions about whether a massage would be right for you, please ask before you make your appointment.
Thai Baby and Child massage
The gentle touches stimulate the circulation, strengthening the powers of concentration and the immune system. The child’s breathing becomes deeper and the digestion is stimulated, alleviating wind, colics and general discomposure.
The Thai Baby Massage features particularly tender touches and movements: focusing on pressure points along the baby’s energy meridians, the massage gently stimulates individual muscles, tendons and joints, releasing any blockades which may already have formed. Thai Baby Massage is suitable for babies and toddlers up to 5 years old.